Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Look

Ok, so I've been racking my thoughts on how I want Pandora to look/dress. Since she does have a mental disorder, I want to give her an exhausted, sickly look. This is brought about from both the frustration of dealing with schizophrenia, and the side effects of the medication she is taking to control her symptoms. 
I created this outfit using Polyvore, a website/app that is geared towards the latest fashion trends, and allows you to shop and create outfits of your own. The distressed skirt, paired with the flowy red shirt and black boots adds to a dirty, almost emo look. I also think it matches perfectly with the feel of the wig. 




As for make up, I wanted to create a sickly, tired look. I went on YouTube (you can kind of tell I go there a lot) to find make up tutorials that teach you how to achieve the look I'm going for. Basically, I opted for dark brown eye shadow all over the eye, to create a sunken in, sleepless look. I also smudged a watered down red lipstick on the top and lower eyelids to add an irritated feel to the face. 



Sources:
Viridiana, Ivey. "GET THE LOOK: Pale, Sick, and Dead!" YouTube. YouTube, 01 Mar. 2016. Web. 28 Mar. 2017. <https://youtu.be/E4eqbJppI-8>.

"Polyvore." Polyvore. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2017. <http://www.polyvore.com/>.


No comments:

Post a Comment